Watch the interview here
This is another interview from our Energised Leader series that looks at the habits and methods of high-performing entrepreneurs worldwide.
In this episode, we’re chatting to Taki Moore, coach marketing and business building expert. In his own words, here’s everything you need to know about him: “Father of six, scaler of coaches, and lover of tacos”.
And here’s a little more information…
Being “broke as a joke” and with his third child on the way pushed Taki to set his first ever goal, to generate $8,000/month income. This led him to take action, specifically his first ever webinar, a strategy that he has since mastered and become famous for, both as a user of webinars and a teacher of webinars as a marketing strategy.
Taki now teaches coaches how to scale their business to seven figures and beyond and says he’s on a mission to eliminate cold-calling, ambulance chasing and high-pressure selling from the coaching industry and replace it with education-based marketing.
- How we met Taki and his experience of our breathing methodology
- Taki’s background and how his goal setting got him to where he is today
- His 2018 goal - getting 50 people to their first million dollar year in business - which Taki succeeded at
- The current goal - to help 75 people get to their next $1m level in their business
- How high pressure pushes people like Taki to lateral thinking
- One of the biggest mistakes we all make - complicating things and making them harder than they need to be
- What Taki believes in - learning to simplify first and multiply second
- How do you simplify the various parts of your business? And habits and routines?
- Taking a leaf out of Philippe Starck’s book - “The morning is for thinking and the afternoon is for doing”
- What Taki does for his clients - gives them permission to be themselves and create an easy workflow
- Learn what makes you tick and when and build a business around how you work best
- How Taki works best - stand-up desk, drawing and always moving
- Hiring a virtual assistant after reading Tim Ferriss’ ‘4 Hour Work Week’
- How Alex Charfen’s Momentum Planner helps Taki
- We make ourselves uncomfortable because we tolerate too much
- What drains Taki - details, logistics, repetitive processes and a lack of quality
- When Taki feels drained he makes a plan to get rid of the things that make him uncomfortable and does the things that make him happy
- The things Taki needs to be happy besides friends and family - the best coffee wherever he is, getting a good haircut and going as long as possible without wearing shoes
- Taki’s daily habits that allow him to live his best life - move, breathe, eat healthy and shoot a video
- Hiring an accountability coach - Taki’s son asks him every day at 4pm if he’s completed his daily habits to keep him on track
- The sprint webinar every Friday at 10am to help clients get their tasks done without distractions
- How Taki manages his remote team - a yearly 3-day workshop on an island
- Why Taki follows the Pomodoro technique to manage his time
- Why two 50 minute sprints of work is enough for Taki each day
- How Taki and his daughter got in trouble with the teacher for incomplete homework
- Why time limits help put healthy pressure on your work week
- Social media isn’t essential to build a 7 figure business
- The importance of choice
- Taki sees himself more as an artist than a business person
- What Taki doesn’t want his clients to know
- Ken Blanchard’s One Minute Manager books and the importance of fun in business
- Setting a theme for each year with his wife
- The propeller plan for travel and adventure
- Busting the starving artist myth
- Taki’s book and how it can help with your systems and processes
- When to fire clients
- How to avoid waiting for luggage at the airport
- It’s easier to change the world around you rather than to change yourself
“Sometimes we get in our own way. One of the big mistakes is that we complicate things; we make them harder than they need to be. If it’s hard work, you’re doing it wrong. I believe that about everything.” - Taki Moore #BreatheMe #Leader #Energy
You may not have to deliver webinars at 2 am yourself, but if you like the sound of being more alive, more passionate, more clear, more focussed, and more on fire than you’ve ever been, then here are four ways to get started.
- Join the Facebook Group - The Breathing Edge
We provide additional support and only share quality content on how to use breathing as the key habit to productivity, performance, and sleep.
- Access the Secrets to Superhuman Energy
Secrets to leverage energy from your environment… internal and external… anytime, anywhere… and feel good.
- Breathe With Us in The Breathing Studio
Do you want to practice elite breathing but in your own time? We totally get that.Access a whole library of recordings here plus 2 NEW sessions a month.
- Work With Us Directly
This is for elite leaders who need some serious inspiration to get to breakthrough to the next level.